|Course Title:||Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation.|
|Duration & Mode of Delivery:||Two (2) hours of face-to-face training in a training room.|
|Assessment:||Theory, practical and scenario-based assessment.|
|Minimum Age Requirement:||14 Years.|
|Certificate Valid:||12 months from the date of course completion.|
Annual renewal of CPR certification is recommended.
|Registered Training Organisation Code:||RTO 31156: Australian Health and Safety Training.|
The course will provide students with skills and knowledge in the following areas:
- Recognise an emergency situation
- Identify, assess and minimise immediate hazards to health and safety of self and other
- Assess the casualty and recognise the need for CPR Seek assistance from emergency response service
- Perform cardiopulmonary resuscitation in accordance with ARC guidelines
- Display respectful behaviour towards casualty
- Operate automated external defibrillator (AED) according to manufacturer’s instructions
- Accurately convey incident details to emergency response services
- Report details of incident to workplace supervisor as appropriate
- Maintain confidentiality of records and information in line with statutory and/or organisational policies
You will be issued with an electronic PDF Statement of Attainment in HLTAID009 – Provide cardiopulmonary resuscitation following your successful completion of your training and assessment.
On-Site Group Bookings, Locations and Costs:
We come to you! AHST specialises in on-site training. Please contact us to discuss pricing, date & time options. We can facilitate training for your workplace during the week, night courses and/or weekends.
Factors to Consider:
Students attending course will be required to demonstrate their physical ability to perform at least 2 minutes of uninterrupted CPR on an adult manikin placed on the floor to meet the performance criteria for assessment. If you are unsure whether your limitation will affect your ability to complete the course, please contact customer service on 1300 655 135 or firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss prior to booking.
Student Support Requirements
If you have any learning requirements involving language, literacy and numeracy, or any special physical requirements early contact should be made to ascertain the most appropriate avenue of assistance, so competency can be achieved. You will be responsible for any costs associated with external student support. AHST requests that you advise of any support requirements prior to the commencement of your course by emailing email@example.com
A copy of AHSTs Student Handbook is available on our website under Student Information which contains all relevant information regarding your upcoming training, including your rights and responsibilities once you enrol with us.