Apply First Aid (formally Senior First Aid)
A comprehensive yet simple courses for everyday emergency situations. Apply First Aid is the minimum qualification required by Workplace Health & Safety Legislation for the workplace first aider and is invaluable for individuals in the home situation.
* Assess the scene of an incident
* Conduct primary assessment of the casualty
* Safety (CPR & DRSABCD)
* Provide basic life support for adult, child and infant (Heart attack, stroke, asthma etc)
* Management of external and internal bleeding
* Management of wounds
* Management of sprains, strains, dislocations and fractures
* Management of environmental conditions, thermal and other burns
* Management of medical emergencies
* Management of bites and stings
16 hours. Alternatively this is available as a workbook course. It requires a precourse workbook to be completed prior to an 8 hour trainig session. This is a great option for companies or individuals with little time.
Special student rate $125.00
Who Should Attend:
Persons who require First Aid training or accredited training to comply with OH&S (First Aid) Regulations.
Participants must be 14 years or older. Participants under 14 years must have permission to attend from a parent or guardian.
Progressive assessment of the competencies will be conducted throughout the course.
On successful completion of the course, the participant will receive a Statement of Attainment, which is valid for three years. As per the Australian Resuscitation Council guidelines, AHST recommends that the resuscitation module be recertified annually.
First Aid Public Course Dates:
Contact our office for any further information regarding training dates and locations.