AHST First Aid in Schools Program
Research suggests that school aged students may be the only bystanders to an Emergency situation.
First aid awareness training in schools significantly increases basic life support knowledge and confidence.
The Australian Curriculum now reinforces the value of school-based First Aid Training within the Health and Physical Education ‘being healthy, safe and active’ strand. Furthermore, the Australian Resuscitation Council asserts that school aged students are effectively able to perform appropriate basic life support skills when attention is given to the context in which these skills are introduced and how these skills are taught.
Our AHST First Aid in Schools Program designs first aid and CPR courses to suit your school’s needs. All courses are fun, engaging & interactive to ensure maximum retention of life saving knowledge and skills. We offer Nationally Accredited Training to your school group as well as other tailor made solutions to meet your school’s needs.
We know how schools work – let us tailor make a
First Aid Course for your school today!
|Ideal for students studying:||Excellent Curriculum Links in:|
|Health and Physical Education||HPE & Sport|
|School Based Traineeship and Apprentices||Home Economics|
|VET sector courses||Pastoral Care / Personal Development / Wellbeing|
|Bronze Medallion||General interest programs|
|AHST school based programs are designed and run by first aid training specialists who also have relevant Health and Education Degrees and who currently teach in school settings.|
- Assess the scene of an incident
- Conduct primary assessment of the casualty
- CPR & DRSABCD including basic life support for an adult, child and infant
- Appropriate use of an AED
- Management of airway obstruction
- Management of wounds, external and internal bleeding
- Management of sprains, strains, dislocations and fractures
- Management of environmental conditions, thermal and other burns
- Management of cardiac conditions including cardiac arrest and heart attack
- Management of airway conditions including choking, asthma, anaphylaxis and near drowning
- Management of medical emergencies including diabetic coma, spinal injuries, crush injury, stroke, environmental impact conditions, shock and epilepsy
- Management of bites and stings
- Basic anatomy and physiology relating to basic life support
Our courses are tailor made to suit your school’s needs. We are very flexible and can work around any timetabling constrains you may have to ensure your staff and students are adequately trained.
AHST are very competitive with our course rates. Please call 1300 655 135 or email email@example.com for a quote specific to your school’s needs.
Progressive assessments of the competencies will be conducted throughout the course.
Statement of Attainment:
Depending on the type of First Aid/CPR course chosen and on successful completion of the course requirements, all students will be provided with either a Nationally Recognised Statement of Attainment or a Certificate of Attendance.